First Meeting a Success!
Over fifty residents attended the first general meeting of the Faubourg Avart Neighborhood Association, which took place Wednesday February 27. Highlights of the meeting include:
- Introduction of the Board of Directors – Aimee Bonomolo, Tom Trouve, Diane Sinclair and Mark Tullis.
- A brief history of the formation of FANA, including reasons why the particular boundaries were chosen and the origin of the Avart name.
- Copies of the Articles of Incorporation and proposed By-Laws were distributed to those in attendance.
- Bryon Cornelison from Councilmember Latoya Cantrell’s office addressed the group to answer questions regarding city services.
- Bryan Lagarde of Project NOLA made a presentation of his organization’s surveillance camera program.
- Kendric Perkins of the New Orleans Recreation Development Commission discussed upcoming events at Wisner Park.
- Special thanks to St. James Cheese Company and The Wine Seller for providing food and drinks.
- Also a big thanks to Diane Sinclair to allowing her home to be the venue for the first meeting.
The next meeting will be in May.